Registration and Fees
Registration is required for all classes of competitors — Masters, Intermediate, Novice, and Family. Online pre-registration is encouraged, which will help us plan for the number of teams to expect. You may include a pre-order of Sandsations competitor t-shirts with your online registration.
Update! Online registration has been extended through Wednesday, July 24!
You may also register in person at the Sandsations trailer at the Bolstad Beach approach on Friday, July 26, between 3:00 and 6:00 PM, or on Saturday, July 27, from 8:00 – 10:00 AM, space available.
Registration fees are as follows:
Family team (unlimited members): $15.00
Novice team (up to 8 members): $35.00
Intermediate team (up to 8 members): $45.00
Masters team (up to 8 members): $65.00
Children: A special category just for kids under 12 with an entry fee of just $1.00 per child and recognition for each participant.
Rules of Competition
- Masters and Intermediate teams will have a 30′ x 30′ work area, while the novice and family teams will have a 20′ × 20′ work area. Work must be confined within specified boundaries.
- No sand may be added or removed from the work area.
- Extra water to wet sand is permissible.
- Tools and forms of any sort may be used in the process of construction, but may in no way support the sculpture.
- Only sand, water, shells, and other natural beach materials can be used to decorate your sand sculpture.
- Any materials left on the beach MUST be 100% non-toxic, biodegradable and earth-friendly.
- Children’s category: One adult may assist with initial digging, not with sculpting.
- Sorry, no refunds on registration fees or preorders of t-shirts.
- Pro hint: The judges watch for how much fun your team is having and how much you’re entertaining the crowd, as well as judging your completed sculpture!
Please click here to go to our online registration form and link to Paypal payment of your registration fees. Online registration closes Monday, July 22 at 5:00 PM.