Registration and Fees
Registration is required for all classes of competitors — Masters, Intermediate, Novice, and Family. Online pre-registration will be available beginning Spring 2020 — follow our Facebook page for updates!
Registration fees and categories listed below were for the 2019 event, and are subject to change for 2020:
Family team (unlimited members): $15.00
Novice team (up to 8 members): $35.00
Intermediate team (up to 8 members): $45.00
Masters team (up to 8 members): $65.00
Children: A special category just for kids under 12 with an entry fee of just $1.00 per child and recognition for each participant.
Rules of Competition
- Masters and Intermediate teams will have a 30′ x 30′ work area, while the novice and family teams will have a 20′ × 20′ work area. Work must be confined within specified boundaries.
- No sand may be added or removed from the work area.
- Extra water to wet sand is permissible.
- Tools and forms of any sort may be used in the process of construction, but may in no way support the sculpture.
- Only sand, water, shells, and other natural beach materials can be used to decorate your sand sculpture.
- Any materials left on the beach MUST be 100% non-toxic, biodegradable and earth-friendly.
- Children’s category: One adult may assist with initial digging, not with sculpting.
- Sorry, no refunds on registration fees or preorders of t-shirts.
- Pro hint: The judges watch for how much fun your team is having and how much you’re entertaining the crowd, as well as judging your completed sculpture!