The 2020 Sandsations event will run from Wednesday, July 8 through Saturday, July 11, with the activities taking place at the Bolstad Beach Approach in Long Beach, Washington. Activities and times listed below are tentative, subject to change as event plans are finalized!
Wednesday, July 8
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Work begins along the Bolstad Beach Approach for the construction of the solo sculptures.
Thursday, July 9
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Work continues on the solo sculptures along the Bolstad Beach Approach. You can watch the masters at work and learn some of their secrets to help you create your own masterpiece during the Saturday competition, or just to have some fun building a sand castle on the beach with your family.
Friday, July 10
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Construction of the solo sculptures will be completed and available for viewing along the Bolstad beach approach, as well as at the Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Bureau and in front of North Beach Tavern.
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM: The Sandsations trailer will be open for registration, information, t-shirts and more at the Bolstad Beach Approach.
- 4:00 – 6:00 PM: Free sand sculpting lessons will be held on the Bolstad Beach Approach at “Lesson Beach”. Adults and kids are welcome — fun for all!
Saturday, July 11
- 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Teams check in at the Sandsations trailer at the Bolstad Beach Approach and receive their plot assignments. Last minute registrations can be made at the trailer if you haven’t pre-registered online or by mail-in registration.
- 11:00 AM: Masters and Intermediate competitors begin their work on the beach.
- 1:00 PM: Novice and Family competitors begin sculpting their creations on the beach.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Free sand sculpting lessons will be held on the Bolstad Beach Approach at “Lesson Beach”. Adults and kids are welcome — fun for all!
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Enjoy live music at the Bolstad Beach Approach
- 5:00 PM: The competition ends and the judging of all sculptures takes place.
- 6:00 PM: Awards ceremony is held to announce the winners of all levels of competition.
Sunday, July 12
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM: The completed sculptures will remain available for viewing and photos, depending on tides and weather!